The new version of the Surface pen has a number of great features:
- Gone is the pesky loop for holding the pen – the new pen magnetically locks to the side of the device. I wonder if this means it will get lost in the bottom of your bag like the old style Surface RT pen that used to magnetically click into the charging port of the device.
- The pen now has an eraser! Yes Microsoft released a pen with an eraser, the Apple Pencil seriously could have done with this functionality to fulfill the whole ‘pencil’ moniker. Sorry Apple it is still a stylus/pen.
- The pen now has interchangeable tips that allow you to change the feel/hardness of the pen.
- Compatible with Surface 3, Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book.
- One click access to Cortana.
The tips can be changed easily as shown in this Youtube unboxing video.